Fall into Audiology Awareness Month
The start of Autumn brings the joys of pumpkin spice and festivities at the pumpkin patch. As we begin to enjoy the harvests of fall, it’s also important to note that October marks the start of Audiology Awareness Month! Throughout this month, join Florida E.N.T. & Allergy in advocating for healthy hearing routines to preserve or improve hearing capabilities. After all, our ability to hear and communicate with our friends and family is essential to promoting proper mental health and cognitive function.
One easy way to assess your hearing health is to take Florida E.N.T. & Allergy’s ‘Hearing Self-Check’ on their website. This easy questionnaire can help discover any potential hearing complications and determine if you should seek treatment from a healthcare professional. To conduct your self-check, visit the link below:
Why should you be concerned with your auditory health?
- Uncorrected hearing loss gives rise to poorer quality of life, isolation and reduced social activity, leading to depression.
- Several studies point to a significant correlation between hearing loss and loss of cognitive functions.
- There is a significant association between high blood pressure, heart health, and hearing loss.
- Current smokers have a 70% higher risk of hearing loss than non-smokers.
- Hearing loss is twice as common in people with diabetes compared to those without.
- People with mild hearing loss are three times more likely to have a history of falling.
Did you know that currently, 3 out of 5 Americans suffering from hearing loss DO NOT wear a hearing aid? This can have long-lasting effects on their future health and cognitive abilities. If you or a loved one are experiencing hearing loss, it may be time to speak to an Audiologist.
Florida E.N.T. & Allergy’s Doctors of Audiology work in conjunction with ENT physicians to discuss potential causes and treatment options. Having a Physician – Audiologist partnership allows you to have the utmost comfort and confidence that they have your best interest at heart, the knowledge to address your concerns, and the best treatment for your hearing needs. Please call (813) 879-8045 or visit Florida E.N.T. & Allergy online to schedule an appointment.
The physicians of Florida E.N.T. & Allergy have served the Tampa Bay community for over 45 years. Our board-certified physicians and doctors of audiology have completed extensive education and clinical training as well as specialized training in their area(s) of expertise. From pediatric allergies to fitting hearing aids, our caring and experienced providers specialize in ear, nose and throat care for the entire family using comprehensive, cutting edge technologies.