What is Renuvion™?
Renuvion™ is a new revolutionary technology that can be used to rejuvenate and tighten skin on the face and neck in the office, without the need for general anesthesia. The device combines cold helium plasma with radiofrequency energy to deliver precise tissue tightening with less trauma and thermal injury to surrounding tissues.
What does it treat?
This “game changing” technology offers a less invasive alternative to traditional facelift procedures. It also offers improvement in ways that traditional surgical facelifts cannot. Renuvion™ can be used to address:
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Wrinkles around the mouth or “smoker’s lines”
- Rough and uneven skin
- Sun spots
- Discoloration or irregular pigmentation
- Loose or sagging skin
Renuvion™ can be performed using two different minimally invasive approaches to achieve dramatic results in skin rejuvenation and skin tightening. Both procedures can be performed in the office without general anesthesia.
1. Ablative Resurfacing: The helium plasma is gently “painted” over the top layer of skin, effectively removing superficial wrinkles, age spots, blemishes, and discolorations. The second pass delivers astonishing dermal contraction resulting in dramatic tightening of loose, sagging skin, unlike any resurfacing laser on the market.
2. Subdermal Treatment: Renuvion™ offers a less invasive alternative to traditional facelift and neck lift procedures. Using smaller incisions and less invasive approaches, the helium plasma is delivered through small channels under the skin resulting in dramatic skin tightening.
What to Expect
The procedures can be performed in office using local anesthesia with a tumescent technique. With both procedures, patients frequently report only mild discomfort after the procedure. The downtime will depend on the procedure performed.
With ablative resurfacing, redness, minor swelling, itching and skin peeling are to be expected, particularly within the first 10 days. Recovery requires regular use of moisturizer and ointments to help the new skin heal. Makeup can typically be worn by day 14, but the skin may be pink for 6 weeks or more, similar to that of traditional lasers.
With subdermal treatment, due to the smaller incisions, the downtime can be as short as 3-7 days, compared to a 2-4 week period of expected recovery with traditional facelift procedures.
Renuvion™ technology focuses the delivery of energy where the skin needs it. This allows your surgeon to have greater degrees of precision and eliminate tissue trauma. There are many benefits to Renuvion™ skin tightening:
- Minimal incisions
- Lower risk of injury to surrounding tissues
- Gentle removal of scars
- Maximum tightening of tissue
- Improvement of “crepe-like” wrinkly skin, even in thin skin areas
- Improvement in skin elasticity
- Decrease in skin laxity
Who is a good candidate?
Renuvion™ can be used to deliver dramatic skin tightening on anyone with concerns of loose or sagging skin.
How many treatments are needed?
Most patients achieve dramatic long-lasting results from a single treatment. As with all anti-aging therapies, this does not stop further aging with time.
Does it hurt?
The procedure is performed with a combination of topical numbing cream and an infiltration of local anesthesia, with or without the use of gentle sedatives. Afterwards, patients report soreness, discomfort and tightness, which can be expected for a few days.