Many people have concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), but you should still be able to make an appointment and safely visit your doctor during the pandemic. Don’t put your healthcare needs on hold. Getting the care you need is just as important and necessary as it was before the onset of the virus.
Medical care has always been considered essential, and Florida E.N.T. & Allergy continues to practice under very careful guidelines. The health, well-being, and safety of their patients, staff and community is their highest priority. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended a variety of steps that all medical practices should implement to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Below are some of the safety precautions Florida E.N.T. & Allergy has implemented. Feel free to use these as a guideline to check the precautions that are being taken in your doctor’s office:
- Pre- screen and reschedule patients who are experiencing symptoms of the virus.
- Patients, especially those at high risk, are asked to utilize a telemedicine option whenever possible to continue social distancing. Telemedicine allows patients to have a visit with a provider from the comfort of their home or office.
- All patients who require or prefer an in-office appointment are asked to wear a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- There are fewer chairs in waiting areas to create additional distance.
- Sanitizing stations are easily accessible and patient contact surfaces are sanitized after each use, and again at the end of the day.
- Staff members wash their hands after contact with each patient and throughout the day and staff members who are sick are required to stay home.
- HEPA filters have been installed in procedure rooms to provide additional air contamination control.
- UV light technology is utilized as an added layer of sanitation.
- Every practice should continue monitoring communications from local, state, and federal agencies and continue to communicate updates to our patients.
It’s natural to have concerns about receiving health care during the pandemic. Many people are taking extra safety precautions like washing their hands more frequently, keeping their distance from others, and staying home. Putting off health care is one thing that you should not do. To learn more about how to stay safe from COVID-19, while getting the care you need, contact your doctor’s office to verify what precautions they are taking and make note of the precautions listed above.
For additional information or to schedule an appointment with Florida E.N.T. & Allergy please call (813) 879-8045 or visit Florida E.N.T. & Allergy online at www.FloridaENTandAllergy.com.
The physicians of Florida E.N.T. & Allergy have served the Tampa Bay community for over 40 years. The board certified physicians & doctors of audiology have completed extensive education and clinical training. They also have specialized training in their area(s) of expertise. From pediatric allergies to fitting hearing aids, our caring and experienced providers specialize in ear, nose and throat care for the entire family using comprehensive, cutting-edge technologies.