Your health and well-being, as well as that of our staff members, are our top priority. As concerns arise with the emerging coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, we are working diligently to ensure a safe and healthy environment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to continue spreading.
We also need your help to ensure the safety of all. If you, or a member of your family, are showing any signs of cold or flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, etc.) and you have an appointment, please contact our office so we can reschedule you at your convenience.
Below are a list of other precautions you can take to best protect yourself and those around you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
Florida E.N.T. & Allergy